When we usually use batteries, we often see that some b […]
When we usually use batteries, we often see that some batteries are alkaline, while others are carbon, and the price is quite different. How to distinguish between them? When buying, you should buy alkaline rechargeable batteries. What about?
1. Both carbon batteries and alkaline batteries are dry batteries, but they are divided into two categories according to different materials.
2. The full name of a carbon battery should be a carbon-zinc battery (because it is generally a carbon rod for the positive stage and a zinc skin for the negative electrode), also known as a zinc-manganese battery, which is currently the most common dry battery. It has low price and is safe and reliable to use. Because carbon batteries contain heavy metal cadmium, they must be recycled to avoid damage to the global environment. (So the positive grade we usually use is carbon rod, and the negative electrode is zinc skin batteries to be recycled).
3. Alkaline batteries are also called alkaline dry batteries or alkaline zinc-manganese dry batteries. They are suitable for instruments that require large discharge and long-term use. Alkaline batteries have low internal resistance, so the current generated is larger than that of ordinary zinc-manganese batteries. The environmentally friendly alkaline battery contains only 0.025% mercury and does not need to be recycled. Based on the environmental protection and high current characteristics of alkaline batteries, more alkaline batteries are now offered.
4. The nominal voltage of carbon batteries and alkaline batteries are both 1.5V, but alkaline batteries of the same volume have a larger capacity and are more suitable for high-current discharge.
5. The essential difference between carbon batteries and alkaline batteries is the difference in internal materials. In short, carbon batteries are composed of carbon rods and zinc skins, but there are cadmium and mercury inside, which are not good for environmental protection, but they are cheap, so they still have a place in the market. Alkaline batteries do not contain heavy metal ions and have high current. Conducive to environmental protection is the direction of future battery development.
6. The structure of an alkaline battery is completely opposite to that of an acid battery. The center of the battery is the negative electrode, the zinc is in powder form, and the positive electrode area is in the outer layer, which is a mixture of MnO2 and KOH, and the outer shell is a steel cylinder. Alkaline zinc-manganese battery overcomes the shortcomings of acid battery storage time and unstable voltage, but it is still a disposable battery.
How to distinguish between carbon batteries and alkaline batteries
Alkaline batteries are 4-5 times the capacity of carbon batteries, and the price is 1.5-2 times that of carbon batteries. Carbon batteries are suitable for low-current electrical appliances, such as quartz clocks, remote controls, radios, etc.; alkaline batteries are suitable for high-current electrical appliances, such as BP players, CD players, electric toothbrushes, electric toys, handheld computers, etc. In terms of cost performance, alkaline batteries are higher than carbon batteries. It is best to buy alkaline batteries for electrical appliances that use more electricity.